Wednesday, September 23, 2015

First Day of Fall

Autumn is so seductive.  The sun sets a little earlier, making your after-work-times full of blazing sunsets; the evenings get cooler and you finally need a sweater again; the heady scent of leaves starting to whither and die is intoxicating; all of a sudden pumpkin-something or other is everywhere; and the greatest of all great things is finally on its way:  Halloween.  But seriously, screw fall.  Try and seduce me all you want, autumn.  I hung onto summer until I couldn't do it anymore.  I love all things fall, honestly, but christ I just do not want it to be winter again so soon.  I figured, though, that in honor of this most wicked, wicked first day of fall I would share a polish from my favorite autumn collection everrrrrr.






China Glaze Prize Winning Mare from Rodeo Diva.  Daaaaaaaaaamn this polish is so fine though.  It's a light brown but so much more than a light brown because its shimmer is just out of control beautiful.  Pink, gold, green and shimmer make an appearance to make the finish of this one really complex.  I honestly don't remember how many coats of this I used, but most of these early B3F polishes need three to be totally opaque.  And that's fine with me.  Because look at it.  2008 was suuuuuuch a good year for polish.  I'm glad that that's basically when I started collecting because I love going back to these beauties now, especially when the weather (regrettably) starts getting a little crisper.

Lots of stuff happened since I've been gone:

My best friend got married!  Isn't she radiant in this photo?  And I'm just like UH I'M EATING.  But anyway, I was the matron of honor and I had a blast that day taking photos and making speeches and dancing the night away.

I had most of my hair cut off!  It was time for a change, and even though I had a substantial cut back in July I just wasn't feeling the length at all anymore.  I have another appointment in November and I think I'd even like to go a little shorter.  Very strange for me.  I've always had long hair.

I got this beautiful little tattoo!  Yep, it's the Deathly Hallows from Harry Potter.  Yep, it's not supposed to be quite complete.  It looks like brushstrokes up close and I wanted it to have a sketchy, delicate quality.  I love how it turned out and I'm glad I pulled the trigger on this one.  You've already seen this if you follow me on Insta (RemyRagdoll).

B and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary in a field of sunflowers!  I can't believe it's been a year already, but at the same time it feels like the wedding was forever ago.

Basically I am just totally ridiculously busy also, hence my absence.  Every weekend we've had to go out of town for something, and I'm way behind on my [teaching] schoolwork and I can't catch up because NO WEEKENDS and OTHER JOB.  So really I'm just over here trying to catch my breath and I'm lucky if I can tend to my nails once a week.  *sob*  I know it's awful.  But, it could be worse.  

Hope all's well with you all.  Farewell, summer 2015.  You were really good to me.  Autumn, you're on probation; we're totally not friends yet.  

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you! And I'm with you on autumn - I would love it if I could stop thinking about how close behind winter follows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall is my favorite season! China Glaze's "Rodeo Diva" Collection is very dear to me. It was with this collection that my addiction to polish began!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn and this polish is beautiful. I bet it even looks better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is that deep red matte lipstick you are wearing in the short(er) hair picture? Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen. And I almost always wear Jordana Plush Plum liner with it, so that's probably what it was. It's been my favorite lip color for a couple months now!

      Delete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!