Friday, August 14, 2015

OG Drugstore Flakey: SH Hidden Treasure

I'm just going to skip right into writing this post without apologizing that I've been gone.  Stuff's busy etc.  I've also been wearing some pretty normal, boring colors (busted out $OPI Metro Chic, for example, because I think Amy Schumer was wearing a similar color in Trainwreck and it made me have a yen for it).  But the other night I was digging through my Helmer and I found Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure which was ALL THE RAGE in 2010.  If you've been interested in nail polish for a while, then this is not news to you.  But I hadn't used a flakey in a minute, so I decided to see if I still loved it.  





Gross pic of my right hand with dried topcoat errywhere, but it looked so good in this 7am light that I couldn't not take a picture while I balanced a cup of coffee, two textbooks, my computer, and my purse.  DEDICATION.

I don't know if their being in Target means these necklaces are "back," but I don't care.  If I have an excuse to wear these weird chokers again like I did in 1997 then dammit I'm doing it. 


Awwww yeahhhhh

YAAAAAAASSSSSS QUEEN OF THE DRUGSTORE.  One coat of Hidden Treasure over three coats of OPI I Don't Give a Rotterdam.  I finished this manicure and was basically like, oh god yes.  Yes to all of this.  I don't even know if you can get Hidden Treasure around anymore.  eBay, maybe?  I know there is a polish in the core line now with the name Hidden Treasure that looks nothing like this.  But I also know/am pretty sure that Essie Shine of the Times is pretty much a dupe and much more available than HT.  So yeah, this is a great polish.  It's totally worth all the running around to various drugstores I did five years ago to acquire my several bottles (fun fact:  this is one of the only polishes I have back-ups of FOR OBVIOUS REASONS).  

I'm not going to lie to you and tell you you don't need this because you probably do.  If you can't get it, then there are definitely dupes.  But sometimes there's just nothing like the original.

Bye!

5 comments:

  1. Mad Buffy vibes, girl!

    Also, I found HT randomly on the shelf in a Meijer like two years ago. SO RANDOM. It's just been sitting in my unused drawer ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have HT but I got hold of Shine of the Times lately from a friend and I have been loving it. I always did like flakies so I'm so glad they're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! Don't have HT, but I do have Nubar 2010 which I read about on fellow CLE nail blog ALU (I found your blog thru hers) :) although it's DC'd now, so probably about as hard to find as the original HT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, reading your post and seeing this color combo has just turned my crappy day around. This is amaze balls!!!!! Digging out my Hidden Treasure asap!

    ~Karli

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, now that looks good
    What shoes are you rocking?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!