Friday, July 03, 2015

The Fourth and Such

Quick post!  If you've been reading my blog for a while you know that the Fourth of July is kind of a big deal to my family; we're still trying to make it a big deal this year, but it's going to be A CONSIDERABLY SMALLER AFFAIR for REASONS.  But Ben and I have decided that that's no reason not to celebrate, so we're almost out the door for the lake as I write this.  BUT FIRST:





Two coats nails inc Baker Street topped with one coat of China Glaze Pure Joy.  And if you know your polish, you know that Pure Joy is in fact a Christmas polish.  To that I say, whatever.  It works just as well for this purpose.  I actually really like how this combination looks.  At first I thought it might be kind of jarring, because Baker Street itself is kind of jarring; but it works.  Reminds me of fireworks.  Like.

Other news includes that I cut off a ton of my hair:


Prior to this it was pretty much elbow-length, so it's a pretty big change.  But, feels good.  Sort of liberating without being too short, because I kind of prefer my hair long.  But let's be real, long hair can be super annoying.  And also that lipstick is NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen.  That, along with NARS Charlotte, have been my staples for the past month or so.  Who says you can't rock a vampy lip in summer?  

Alright, we have to get gone now.  To all my American pals, happy Fourth!  Eat a hot dog, roast a marshmallow, watch a firework.  To everyone else, happy weekend!  Drink wine.

Until next week!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! To be honest, at first I was "hmm?" about that glitter polish on top of Baker Street, but the more I look at it, more I think it kind of looks cool.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!