Wednesday, July 15, 2015

OPI Sorry I'm Fizzy Today and the #dockselfie

As I was signing into the ol' blog here I caught myself thinking, wait a minute...have I not blogged since before the Fourth of July?!?  And no.  No, I have not.  Time totally gets away from me.  Also, my nails have been super boring.  I've been wearing Funky Fingers Dark Knight (which is a straight-up black creme) a lot, and that's not really worth showing you.  In this post I'm wearing a polish I had never worn by itself; last July I did some crappy nail art with it, which you can see here.  But after all the black I've been wearing I wanted something a little brighter.

Lipstick here is Milani Matte Beauty, which is one of the newer mattes released recently.  I highly recommend it if you're into the brownish sort of Cindy Crawford lip, which I still am.  I'm eagerly anticipating when I can drop a stupid amount of money on Urban Decay 1993.

Hello, bug eyes!  I bet you were all wondering, is Stephanie not into coral anymore?  I am.  I have what is basically a head-to-toe coral running outfit, which happened to match this polish.

I GLOW CORAL Y'ALL.

This is OPI Sorry I'm Fizzy today, which is a very pink-leaning coral.  Honestly, it's nothing special.  And also, I thought I remembered the formula being a poop from the first time I wore it.  Then I started polishing with it this time and was like GOD I HAVE THE BEST MEMORY FOR THE STUPIDEST THINGS because yes, it's a poop.  It's not terrible, but it's streaky as EFF for an OPI creme polish that really should be opaque in two coats.  I needed three here.  I topped it with NYC Grand Central Station and I was good to match it to my workout clothes like an idiot and head off into the sunset.

Other than that, I've just been working.  July is a pretty big month for programming at work, so cue my being there every weekend doing something-or-other.  But I've really, really, REALLY been trying to get to the lake so I can lie on the dock and obviously take a series of #dockselfies.  Because I can and because it's ostensibly summer even though it's been raining constantly.  Like seriously, our ceiling is leaking in the living room because it's been raining so much.  But anyway.

#dockselfie under the influence of Bloody Marys.  I was basically sleeping at this point.

#dockselfie wearing an amazing Target Xhilaration coverup thing that I got for like $10.  It looks fabulous on and I recommend you grab one if you're in the market for something that'll make you look less naked than a two-piece does when you're outside in a bathing suit and your neighbor's children are also playing outside.

I told Ben to take a picture of my aunt and me while we were lounging, but I stipulated that he not get my armpits in the picture because I didn't think I had shaved them recently (I hadn't).  So he took this picture of only my armpit that made us lol for about five minutes.

#dockselfie from last weekend when it was just me at the lake and the sun was difficult to come by.  But, I had a bathing suit, a Harry Potter book, and of course a Bloody Mary.  So I can't really complain.

Also, you may have seen this on my instagram (RemyRagdoll), but Ben got me this shirt that has Pusheen eating Ramen on it.  So.  I'm an adult.

That's about all for me for now.  I haven't checked the weather for the upcoming weekend yet, but if there is even A LITTLE SUN you can bet that I will drive my ass down to that lake and lie on that dock (even though I won't be able to make it down there until Sunday night because I have to work all weekend).  Oh wait just checked the weather and it's raining forever.  Okay seriously, I honestly don't usually get depressed by the weather...but this rain is getting ridiculous.  I don't understand it.  The summer is going so fast and there has been basically NO SUN.  I'm about to move to wherever it doesn't do this.

Here's hoping there's less water falling from the sky wherever you are.  Steffie out.  

4 comments:

  1. Sorry the NW has stolen your usual weather and substituted ours! Also, I need a pink-leaning coral, so good to know this one is not it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had such summer last year in Europe, 15°C and raining all the time. This year we're experiencing constant heat-waves and I miss last year's summer.
    Btw, your armpit looks ridiculously smooth. Pretty sure mine don't, even when freshly shaven (not all that often, because I don't like them irritated).

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!